Looking for a refreshing sweet bite to serve on a hot summer day? Surprise your guests with this healthy and tasty Lemon, Lime, Poppy Seed Muffins. Lemon and lime give this muffins refreshing summer taste, poppy seeds make them reach, nutty and extra tasty, while butter makes a crunchy, mouth melting muffin top. I can ensures you if you bake them for the party, this delicious muffins will be gone in no time.
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon and lime peel
- 5 tablespoons lemon and lime juice
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Medium and Large Bowl
- Muffin tray and Muffin Cups
1. Step One: Butter Batter
In the mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon and lime juice and peel and beat into a thick consistent cream. Add one egg at the time, making sure the eggs get properly mixed into a consistent batter.
2. Step Two: Milk and Poppy Seed
Heat up almond milk and pour it over poppy seeds. This will bring out the rich flavor from the poppy seeds. Set aside to cool down.
3. Step Three: Flour Mixture
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir it well and set aside.
4. Step Four: Finish up the Lemon, Lime, Poppy Seed Muffins Batter
Set the stand mixer on low speed and gradually add milk and flour mixture into the butter batter. Stir gently until consistent.
5. Step Five: Fill up the Muffin Cups
Fill muffin tray with your favorite paper muffin cups. Then fill them with delicious batter.
6. Step Six: Bake Lemon, Lime, Poppy Seed Muffins
Bake lemon, lime, poppy seed muffins in the pre heated oven at 350F / 280C about 15 minutes. Try if the muffins are ready with a toothpick test. Your muffins are ready if the inserted toothpick comes out clean.